CIMA Consulting is a small firm in Charlottesville, VA providing clients with strategic insight and support through communications, fundraising, business development, and organizational design. As CIMA grows, we are seeking a part-time researcher and writer who can also fulfill some project management duties. Specific tasks include:
· Building and maintaining internal tracking systems for funding opportunities and requirements
· Providing research support for client funding opportunities
· Writing compelling narrative for letters of inquiry, proposals, and other required collateral
· Building strong relationships with stakeholders through written and phone outreach
· Developing projects to evaluate data for clients and for CIMA.
The right candidate is:
· Extremely organized and self-motivated
· A strong written communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
· Willing to take direction and ask thoughtful questions
· Eager to work in a nontraditional office environment
· Creative, willing to take chances on big ideas
· Well versed in contemporary issues and politics, able to make connections across different sectors
And should have the following specific skills or qualifications:
· A bachelor's degree with at least two years of work experience
· Strong recommendations from previous employers
· Proven track record of business development, fundraising, or written collateral
Experience with CS or data analysis experience is a plus.
Applications from people with diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged.